Friday, January 14, 2011

internship week 2

How has or do you see your internship changing the way you consider that paths your future will take?

How has or do you see your internship changing the way you consider that paths your future will take?
I think that doing my internship hasn't really changed the path of where I want to be at in the future, I mean I love baking but I've realized it isn't much fun when its baking in batches of cupcakes. It is a lot of hard work when making cupcakes at the shop, don't get me wrong I like baking and making the batter but it can be so much work especially a lot of physical work. And in my opinion when you're a chef you have a lot of pressure on you and it may be time consuming. I think it hasn't changed my path in my future because I still want to go to college to become a CRNA (certified registered nurse anthesist). This week I got to work at the front of the house which is like the cash register, it was a bit nerve racking because when there was customers that constantly came in I felt a little rushed. But now I think I'm pretty good at doing the register... This could probably help me in the future for a part time job?


 What is the biggest challenge you faced at your internship?
One of the biggest challenges I faced at my internship would be doing all the physical work. Because everything I do there is in bulk. I remember on my first day they made me take out the trash and it was a huge one too ! I had a hard time I almost tripped. And ever since the first day of internship I feel like my muscles have grown, especially on my right arm because I'm always using that for scooping cupcake batters. There is so much physical work to do at my work place. Yesterday we had to do intentory and the company's order came in for the other ingredients. And there was a huge sack of whole white wheat organic flour and my mentor made me carry that. Honestly my mentor expects a lot out of me and I kind of like that because it makes it a challenge for me to try my best to accomplish it.


No comments:

Post a Comment