Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blog #5

1. On my artist statement I am most proud of the first 2 paragraphs because I believe I went described why she's my american icon on those two paragraphs the most, in the other paragraphs I just told about a time she inspired me.
2. The writing tips that helped me the most with this project would be: characters, make meaning early, quotes, setting, the big idea, emotions, detail, character development, loops, and specifics. Those writing tips helped me because it made my artist statement sound better.
3. The most challenging part of my artist statement would be near the end because I had a difficult time trying to end the artist statement.
4. The most challenging writing tips would be: conflict/resolution, playing with the reader, thesis, annecdote, and illusion. These writing tips were the most challenging because I wasnt able to add them in or use them in my artist statement.
5.  Her being there for my TPOL gave me courage and it made me think that I shouldn’t put myself down thinking that I wasn’t going to pass. Before I presented my TPOL I assumed that I wasn’t going to pass, I thought that I was going to have to do it over the next day. I didn’t want my mom to watch me because I didn’t want to disappoint her. But then I realized she was the one who gave me the courage to pass it, she showed me how to have confidence in myself.
Now I am still living up to her motto “Never give up”. In everything I do I tend on not loosing faith in myself. Especially in school, I want to keep doing my best because I know in the end it’ll lead me to college.
My mom is my American Icon because she has showed me that education is important and no matter what I shouldn’t give up on going to school.
1. How should I end my last paragraph?
2. Should I add anything else, am I missing something?
3. Did it seem straight forward.. or should I go more in depth?

No comments:

Post a Comment