Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blog #4

Intro: 
My mother always told me never give up. Ever since I was young, she always
pushed me to try harder in everything I did. My mom went to college for eight years
to become a dentist in the Philippines, now she’s currently going to college at LLU to
become a dentist here in the U.S. She always wanted to best for her kids, so she
never gave up.
Out: 
My mom is my American Icon because she has showed me that
education is important and no matter what I shouldn’t give up on going to school.

This is my 2nd draft for my artist statement, I don't think my closing was that great so I am going to change it when I finish typing up my 3rd draft.
I think it ties together my big ideas because it tells the reader who the american icon is and what caused the person to be my american icon.
I hope after the reader reads my artist statement he/she will understand how I live up to my mom's motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment