Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Semester 2 Blog 10

While the WW2 was going on, my family was still in the Philippines. My great grandmother told me that when the Japanese invaded the Philippines, many Chinese came to the Philippines to hide. And there was a war between the Chinese and Japanese. While that was going on, my great grandmother had a 
neighbor that was chinese and they were hiding at the time. She told me that since they lived in Orion, Bataan the Japanese people would go through their neighborhood searching every house... she said it was scary and they had no where else to go because back then my family was really poor, they lived in a small wooden house. The japanese would just barge into houses with guns threatening the local filipinos.The chinese's family's son became my great grandmother's husband. Their Chinese last name was Lim but since they migrated from china they chose to change their name to Antonio.  

No comments:

Post a Comment