Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Semester 2 Blog 4

http://travel.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/travel/13allure.html?ref=travel

I liked this article because the author of this article had their own style in their writing. Sometimes there would be words that are all capitalized to emphasize the meaning. And I also liked how she compared being on the actual cruise to being on land, like as if people forgot that they were actually at sea instead of in the city. She/he (the author) explained the cruise and how it's like in every little detail included. This article inspires me because, for me, descriptive writing always pulls me in. When I read a writing, book, article, etc. I want to see detail about the setting because it gives me an image in my head.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/fashion/13Modern.html?scp=2&sq=modern%20love&st=cset

This article pulled me in because it was just about one subject. But within that one subject comes many examples of it, and different explanations. It amazed me when the author said it took him six years to edit his column. Even in his own column he had questions that made the reader think; Like the writing tip whats your engine? 


http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/10/garden/10cube.html?src=me&ref=style
This was an interesting article because this person lived his life in a feng shui way. But anyways, this article was engaging because the author of this article wrote about the way this person lived, and he also interview him. It reminded me of my mentor interview. This article inspired me because of his way of writing was layed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment